Oh my dearest bug, how I love thee, . Let me count the ways…
1. She is a ROCK STAR!!** Her help in the process of moving to Portland has been amazing, for a 13 year old. 😉 She only slept for 3 hours of the 20 hour drive. (remarkable! I know a few adults who can not say they can do this 🙂 She made sandwiches, kept my cup full of coconut water and she shared the Twizzlers. She takes really good care of Bernice, especially helping to keep her off my lap while we were driving through cities I have never been…. So cute, the two of them are together.
2. She is LOVING her new school. Mom brags> She was put in the advance theater class with all 8th graders. She has been asked to take high school credit in Spanish. She is completely aligned with school curriculum. Her story> she has the option of whatever she would like from the cafeteria all day long. I was perplexed by this… and she said , “mom just imagine a buffet at Mothers day, but a little smaller, and open all day.” She makes me laugh. Clearly, she is happy with the food.
3. She found her new best friend within 24 hours of us arriving. Her name is Baily, and she lives right next door. Baily is 14. They are so similar, I have to say I am in awe. The two of them have been running around LO, “mom going down to the lake”, “mom, we are casing out dog parks”, “mom I am making friends with the frozen yogurt kids”.
4. We were in Oregon for 60 minutes, when she said “I really love it here mom”. (Maybe the sweetest thing she has ever said to me 🙂
5. Her kindness towards others is unlimited. She says hi to everyone. She already knows Judy the lady down stairs. I have not even met her yet. She already has peeps who want her to babysit. She has an ice skating adventure planned for this weekend with some kids from school. She is practicing yoga every Wednesday night.
ok… I could go on and on… and I probably will throughout my blogger journey. Just know for now, Bug is rocking LO and she thinks she is going to get her first job at the yogurt place right around the corner. I threw in my two cents and suggested a she would be a really great barrista. Let it be known I have a bit of an agenda with that suggestion. 😉
you are my most favorite thing…